Let our experience work for you…
Throughout the the years our innovative staff has put together these tips to ensure your move goes as smoothly as possible. Reference our list for cheap moving hacks and creative solutions.
- Use Press'n Seal wrap to keep jewelry displays intact.
- Prior to moving sell any unwanted items/furniture you don't use anymore.
- Use wine cases for any glassware.
- Utilize old egg cartons for your jewelry. Tape the carton shut for added security.
- Make sure everything is packed BEFORE your move.
- Unhook your washer and dryer.
- Wrap breakables (dishes, glasses, ceramics, etc.) in clothing or blankets to save $ on bubble wrap.
- Remove lamp shades & place them in a box or in your vehicle for maximum protection.
- Vacuum seal all your out-of-season clothing.
- Keep ALL liquids together (cleaning supplies, detergent, dish-washing soap, hand soap, etc.)
- Organize a packing supplies basket for easy access.
- Keep sandwich bags on hand for holding small hardware pieces to anything you take apart (beds, dressers w/ mirrors, refrigerator doors, mounted flat screens, tables, etc.)
- Empty the clothes from large/heavy dressers, especially those that will need to be stood up while navigating through the house.
- Place more than one strip of tape on boxes- especially along the bottom.
- Rolling suitcases are perfect for transporting books and DVD's.
- Only pack books into small boxes.
- Color code boxes with each correlated room.
- Replace expensive wardrobe boxes with Glad trash bags. Simply poke clothes hangers through the bottom of trash bags and tie the strings. It keeps clothes on hangers for quicker moving & unpacking.
- Pack boxes lightly even if it means using more boxes- speeds up the moving process.
- Take a picture of how your electronics are connected so you can remember where all the wires go.
- Be thrifty, find free moving boxes from local businesses.
- Utilize suitcases & baskets.
- Pack an overnight bag containing all the essentials.